Friday, April 2, 2010

Rose Garden

Today I went on a little expedition to the Rose Garden here in Portland. I am sad to say that none of the roses were in bloom yet. BUT the grounds were gorgeous, and the one spot that caught my eye was the Shakespeare garden. It's really just a tribute I suppose. Here is a little picture of it. The quote is what the engraved stone on the wall says. 
It's on a hill, and to get down to the garden you have to go down stairs.....I haven't really done anything active in a while, so I had no idea how hard it really is to have such low lung capacity. I felt like I was going to pass out. I was willing my legs to move half way up the hill. Blagh! It's sick. It makes me feel sick. On the bright side, I got a good workout. :)

Update on the transplant:
All of the insurance stuff is handled! YAY! It's incredibly weird navigating through the world of social security, and medicare. I am so happy about my insurance though, and am deeply in debt to the man who gave us the lowdown on what we needed. He is a miracle. 
So we called our contact at the Cf clinic to tell them we got the insurance stuff handled. Now we are on to the referral part of the game. We will be referred to UW in Seattle, and hopefully go up in the next month to meet the team. I hope it goes that fast anyways. Going up those stairs today made me wonder how long it's going to be before I have to be on oxygen all the time. And that thought made me want to throw myself down the hill. It's amazing how far you can fall in a year. 

I'm off.

L,

Phee

No comments: