Saturday, May 1, 2010

Transplant Update

OKay everyone...I'm sorry I have been neglecting my blog. I vowed to start blogging after my CCA stint was over, and here I am not blogging for weeks. I guess I need a break, but also I've just been so busy. I have so many updates for you it's ridiculous.

I'm in the hospital right now to get my normal clean out, although my admission was rushed on account of a cold I caught. I've been here about a week and a half now. I've got at least another week and a half to go.

As you know I decided to go ahead with the transplant. The process has been long, and arduous so far. I became eligible for Medicare in February, so my other insurance was cancelled automatically. My mom and I must have spent weeks trying to get all of our bases covered insurance wise. We finally got it all done, and were able to move onto the referral process. Yay! We talked to the coordinator up at UW, and decided on having the first meet and greet appointment in the next 4 weeks. It was a good decision because I would be fresh out of the hospital and feeling as good as I could. However, a few days later we get a call from the scheduler who says if I don't come on May 3rd (this coming monday) for the appointment, than I won't get in till June. The sad thing is, I know I couldn't wait till June. I want to be listed by October.
So I'm in the hospital, and oddly enough my doctors feel very strongly that I go to this appointment. Later today I'm being discharged, going home to stay the night, and then leaving for Seattle on Sunday. My mom and I are going to stay in a hotel, and head to UW at 7:30 Monday morning. After that we are going to come home, only so I can get re-admitted. YES....RE ADMITTED on Tuesday! How weird. I basically am getting a long weekend away from my hospital stay!? The only thing that is annoying to me is that I have to pack all my stuff and bring it home, only to bring it back and unpack in a new room on Tuesday.
Whatever. It's all for the cause!!!

I'm wiped, and I have to pack in the morning...well later in the morning. I'm sure you are familiar with the CF insomnia....

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good Luck Phoebe! Transplant evaluation process isn't too bad :) This post is over a week old. . . I would love to know how your meet & orientation appointment went! I think you made a good decision to work towards a transplant.