Monday, January 4, 2010

Cca #1: Trophies & War wounds


While going through my pictures the other day, I found a picture of me in my high school graduation gown. Oddly enough, my first thought was “Oh yeah, I graduated”. Then I remembered how difficult it was to finally get on that stage so I could receive my diploma. Because of my CF I had a very hard time staying current with the other students in school. Partly because I was gone a lot and in the hospital, or because I didn’t have enough time to learn the things we were doing. So after being in and out of school, being home schooled for 5 years, and just barely getting all my credits in time, I made it!
Seeing that picture reminded me of a very valuable lesson:
It’s easy to get caught up in the things we don’t, wont, or can’t have, maybe even the things we have to do, or the treatments we have to get through. We’ll end up tangled in so much that we forget to stop and take note of our trophies, and war wounds. I’m here to tell you that it’s natural. But I’m also here to tell you that every once and a while you have to stop and take note.
Remember your accomplishments! Remember where you’ve been, what you’ve achieved, what barriers you’ve broken down, what hard battles you’ve won, and how strong you are now because of it. If you remember that, there’s nothing you can’t do, and no fight you can’t win.
Keep your sight on the things you want out of life, but don’t ever forget what you’ve already attained.
Love,
Phoebe

No comments: