Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cca #3: Creating the future


All my life I have been creative, and not just artistically. There are infinite ways to create in life. My favorite is creating the future, and putting it out in front of me with no end in sight. Maybe this sounds odd, so let me explain myself.
When I was a little kid, maybe 5 or 6, I was told I probably wouldn’t be living past the age of 8. After I got past being afraid of what my body was going to do next, I began thinking of the future; my future.
That was the first time I seriously contemplated what I wanted out of life, and the things I wanted to do later on. I began creating my future, making my hopes and dreams the foundation for it. For me there was never an end to my existence, especially not at 8 years old. Since then I have continued to create my future, and here I am 15 years later about to celebrate my 20th birthday. I have accomplished many things in my life, but my biggest accomplishment to date is the future I’ve created for myself.
It doesn’t matter what it is you are creating, but putting things in your future is very important. It can be anything from your dream vacation to Disney World, to eating ice cream next week. The vital thing is that you’re putting it there for yourself, giving yourself something to look forward to.
A lot of people go through life never really knowing what they want from it, or where they want to end up. That has never been me, and I feel that I owe my miracles to my perseverance and creativity.
You won’t get anywhere if you don’t know where you’re going.
Love,
Phoebe

No comments: