Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To travel...?

The beginning of fall brings back many lovely memories from my childhood. One of my favorite though is the beginning of a new school year. I miss school shopping, and getting all my things together the night before, riding the bus, seeing my old friends and making new ones, but most of all LEARNING! I've always been a little geeky about my education. I love learning new things! Ever since second grade when I learned about Australia I've been completely enamored with history. It quickly grew to be my favorite subject, and I definitely flourished in it.
I've always wanted to travel and have adventures, but in my life I was never really able to do so without getting sick. However, I found out on my last trip to Seattle that Post-Transplant I will be able to travel. I immediately started listing the many places I wanted to go, but when I got back to the place I was staying the first place I looked up was Australia. I felt like a little 8 year old, once again learning about the world and planning the many trips I would someday take. This time it's different though, because now I know I will be able to go places, I know that my love for history and travel will grow fonder instead of resentful. I am simply in awe at this new opportunity.
The leaves are turning and the weather is changing, all of it reminds me that fall is just a worldly reflection of the change in my own life. I'm a completely different person now than I was last year at this time. It's a wonderful change, and I couldn't be happier, or more excited about my life. Of course my health will get worse before it gets better (post-transplant), but in the meantime I'm looking forward to this sight.....Ayers Rock. My first love in history.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You are a really beautiful woman! I hope you get wonderful new lungs and you and Morgan get to travel to Australia and the world.

Australia is a place I have also wanted to travel to along with Italy and Africa!

I pray that all of your hopes and dreams can come true! I wish you much love and luck in your journey!

~jamiebug

Unknown said...

Go get em' girl. Here's a toast to your future travels!