Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 4/Update

Hello again!
My day 4 is late...... As I start to write this it 11:36 pm. I'm listening to Iron and Wine with my Beats on, while Morgan watches Californication on his laptop. My neck and right side of my chest is acting up quite a bit. I'm thinking from all of the fluid back up from my IV fluids. The clot makes it difficult for anything to run through normally.
I signed the surgery consent forms today. It's official, I'm all ready to wheel into the Cath lab on Tuesday to have my life changed. When the surgery is finished and everything goes as planned (AND IT WILL) the okay will be given to UW, and I'll get listed.
My surgery is 4 days away, and I find myself contemplating time and how fast it goes  by. So many are happening right now, and are being set into motion. This is the year for change!! I'm hesitant to let go of the old times, but I'm putting on a brave face towards the future. The future is so bright, there is so much to be excited about. This surgery will be the catalyst for all the changes in my life. I will be put on the list, and then I will get a transplant, and then who knows. There are so many things I want to do in life. I want ALL of it!!!
So, I'm excited for this surgery. I'm nervous, but in an anxious way. I want to get it over with. I'm not afraid of pain anymore. I'm not even sure the recovery could be worse then the last time I went in. (knock on wood) Although the post surgery body problems were all random and completely unexpected. I'm positive this time will be different. :) I'm ready to do this!!

Here is Day 4!! This took me awhile because I technically have 3 parents. So here they are, being admired and thanked by me, and probably embarrassed if they hate the pictures I picked.



My dad - Michael Mattera
He passed away when I was 18 months old. I only knew him for a short time, and I only have tiny slivers of memories with him. I've always thought that he's been around me since then though. I feel his love all the time, and I am loving him all the time.



My Momma - Amy Mattera
She is by far the BEST person I know. I love my mom more than anything. She is my soul mate, and my best friend. There are not enough good adjectives to describe her. I love her more than there are stars in the sky. ;) 



My Papa (aka Step Dad) - Shane Kenney

Shane has been in my life for 8 years. It took me a little while to warm up to him. When I finally did let my walls down, I discovered that he is one of the most caring and kind men I've ever met. I can't imagine our lives without him in the mix. This guy is just AWESOME! I love him so much.




I know I'm very late with this blog post. Whoops! Today was kind of busy with people coming in to talk to me. All this last minute coordination before the surgery and the picc placement on Monday. I'm hoping to have some fun this weekend before I am confined to recovering.

L,
Phee

2 comments:

JB said...

I listen to Iron & Wine on my Beats too when I blog! ☺
You're amazing for putting your brave face on & keeping cool under the pressure of such a surgery.

Just keep thinking about that pair of brand new lungs! I know that I am for you!

Love you!

AmyM said...

Oh Phee! I love US. You are my sunshine! We'll keep each other strong. I am so glad I have you in my life! You are my bestie!

xoxo!